Previous Home Next
A discoveryMonday, June 11, 2007
Returning to yesterday's dilemma over the moths, I think I may have made a discovery this evening. On one of my many trips to the basement to get some random tool, I noticed four moths all lined up right near where the ceiling and wall meet in the back of the basement. I'd been a bit suspicious of the ceiling back here, which is plastered over, but not very well. Looking closely at the crack, I'm quite certain that the moths are nesting up there. As there are a number of openings into the kitchen (gas/water lines, drains, etc.), that would explain their presence in the kitchen, and it certainly explains why they've been in the basement as well. I opened a hole in the plaster a few feet from the wall, and could see that it's a mess up there. I think the best thing would really be to remove the (poorly-installed) plaster ceiling, and maybe just leave the open joists since we will be renovating the kitchen someday and will need access to run new pipes, etc. Well, looks like I've got something else to keep me busy over the next few days!

Previous Home Next
blog comments powered by Disqus